[Updated Oct 10]
We love potatoes and pork. We’ll bet many of you do as well. That means we have something in common! JOY! Let’s get together and chat about music and food and art and books and politics and … (well, maybe scratch that last one).
So … we took some hickory chips and smoked these beautiful pork ribs for hours. Then we reduced the hell outta some apple cider, REAL maple syrup and accoutrements. These processes allow us to bring you Vermont’s first gift to the swine (well, the swine don’t appreciate it as much as you may). We figured a nice, bacon-laden potato salad would be the perfect complement to the Vermont Pig Candy. Aaaaaand you are welcome.
We’re sad to note that this is the last week of the summer markets at Ivywild School. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed being a member of the Colorado Farm and Art Market this year and look forward to joining the market next summer. Meanwhile (and, specifically, as noted, this Wednesday), there are still lots of folks out selling their quality, hand-crafted, Colorado-made breads, pickles, produce, pottery, potatoes (ahem), chocolate, etc. The market closes for the summer at 6:30 pm. Come say “hi,” won’t you?
• Tuesday, Oct. 7, 4-8p - Red Leg Brewing Co. (4630 Forge Rd., 80907)
• Wednesday, Oct. 8, 3-6:30p - Ivywild School for Colorado Farm & Art Market (1604 S Cascade Ave., 80905)
• Thursday, Oct. 9 - Prep day
• Friday, Oct. 10, 11a-2p, behind Epicentral Coworking (415 N Tejon St., 80903 Canceled
• Saturday, Oct. 11 - Off
• Sunday, Oct. 12, 1-8p - Red Leg Brewing Co. (4630 Forge Rd., 80907)
• Monday, Oct. 13 - Off
• Frites (Belgian-style fries) with house-made aioli (Thai Chili, Mayostard/Mustardayonnaise and Rosemary Dijon this week)
• Poutine (frites, Cozy Cow cheddar curds and gravy)
• Carne Asada Fries (frites with marinated steak, shredded cheddar, fresh house-made guacamole, pico de gallo and crema)
Vermont Pig Candy (Maple and apple cider-glazed pork ribs) with German potato salad Sold out!
• Thai Coconut Curry Poutine w Lambert’s Black Bean Tofu (Vegan! Possibly GF!)